Things are changing in the land of Embarkability (only good things!) – so if you would like to receive my emails moving forward, please sign up here.
As a token of my excitement and thanks for staying along for this exciting ride, you’ll receive a new free gift I just created when you sign up. It’s called “My Fav Organizing Resources That Have Truly Changed My Life (and that not many people know about).
On the flip side, if you do not sign up above, you will no longer receive my newsletters after the next few weeks, so be sure to sign up if you want to stay in the loop.
Now that we’ve covered that, let’s get to the good stuff.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve been in MEGA hustle mode. And when I say that, what I essentially mean is that I’ve been uber-focused, massively productive, and committed to completing certain things no matter what. The thing about hustle-mode is that when you’re that focused, many things can fall to the wayside – organization being one of them.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are some super simple ways to make sure that you still accomplish a ton without creating wild chaos in your space, business, and life.
1. Keep everything on one to-do list. It can be really easy to accumulate 13 different to-do lists – some in notebooks, a bunch in email, others on post-its – you get the picture. No more multiple to-do lists! Keep everything in one place so that you’re super clear of everything that needs to get done without wondering whether you’re missing anything.
2. Plan the next day the night before. There’s something very relaxing about planning the next day the night before. The hustle and bustle of the day has ended and now you have some space to be deliberate about how you want tomorrow to go. Map out your must-do’s and figure out how long you think each task will take you. Then plug it in the calendar and bam, your success awaits.
3. Keep your desk clear. Cluttered desk, cluttered mind. Even if you don’t have the chance to go through all of your papers or mail, keep them in an organized and neat pile to the side. When your desk is ransacked with papers, office supplies, and who knows what else, it’s super hard to concentrate and get anything done with ease.
4. Delegate when possible. I so heart delegating. Love love love it. There are so many things on your to do list that you don’t need to be doing, and really that you shouldn’t be doing, especially when you’re in mega hustle mode. Check out Fancy Hands or Task Rabbit and cross tasks off your list within seconds.
5. Clean up at the end of the day. Spend 5-10 minutes at the end of your day just cleaning up – put clothing that’s hanging around in the laundry, straighten up your desk area, erase any remaining junk emails. Those 5-10 minutes may not seem like a lot of time, but when you add them up each day, they will really make a huge difference.